What is the Schedule of Contributions?
The Schedule of Contributions is a legal document that provides a framework for companies. It outlines information for organizations to determine whether they are subject to the Act, understand their obligations and consult the rates that apply for each designated material put on the market.
The Schedule of Contributions in a nutshell :
- Legal document that applies to companies.
- Based on the costs of managing each type of material.
- Set out each year according to a formula based on verifiable studies and data and also accounts for environmental criteria.
- Governed by strict rules.
- Presented to companies at a consultation ahead of a rigorous government approvals process under the law.
- Comes into effect once it is approved by the government of Québec and as soon as it is published in the Gazette officielle du Québec.
- Enables companies to determine whether they are subject to the Act, understand their obligations and consult the rates that apply to each material.