Am I entitled to the credit for post-consumer recycled content?
Contributing companies that put materials on the market that reach or exceed the thresholds for postconsumer recycled content may benefit from a 20% credit applied to their basic contribution for certain materials.
Eligibility criteria for the credit
|Inserts and circulars||80 %|
|Catalogues and publications||50 %|
|Telephone books||80 %|
|Other printed matter||80 %|
|Paper for general use||80 %|
|Containers and packaging||Threshold*|
|Kraft paper bags||100 %|
|Kraft paper packaging||100 %|
|Laminated paper||100 %|
|PET bottles||100 %|
|HDPE bottles||100 %|
|PET Containers||100 %|
*Post-consumer recycled content
Companies that report containers, packaging and printed matter that are eligible to the credit for post-consumer recycled content have to fill out the appropriate screen in the ECO-D online reporting system.
Conditions to obtain the credit
- Data must be entered on the credit screen when preparing your report
- All supporting documentation on each material for which you are requesting a credit must be. sent in no later than the date of the first instalment of your contribution.
- All supporting documents submitted after that date will be rejected.
- Supporting documentation must be deemed admissible
- The company’s entire contribution must be paid according to the established payment calendar.
What supporting documentation is required?
- Recognized certification (e.g. FSC recycled fiber content)
- Letter of confirmation from the supplier, along with quantities and specifications on the type of material used (the supplier must address a copy of the letter directly to ÉEQ)
- ISO 14001 standards with recycled content specifically indicated.
Containers and packaging
- Recognized certification (e.g. FSC recycled fiber content);
- Letter of confirmation from the supplier, along with quantities and specifications on the type of material used (the supplier must address a copy of the letter directly to ÉEQ);
- ISO 14001 standards with recycled content specifically indicated;
- BNQ standard 8952-911.
How is this credit granted to my company?
Eligible companies will receive a 20% credit based on the quantities of materials for which the credit was granted on a separate invoice issued in the year following the deadline to file a report. Note that the credit is applied to the balance of the next contribution.