Types of designated materials
- Containers and packaging
- Made of flexible or rigid material such as paper, cardboard, plastic, glass or metal
- Designed to contain, protect or wrap products
- Intended for single use or a short service life
- Printed matter, paper and other cellulosic fibres, whether or not they are used a medium for text or images, except books and newspapers. The newspapers class is represented by RecycleMédias.
- Short-life containers and packaging sold as products and printed matter sold as products.
ÉEQ has developed a guide to help you classify, by material, the containers, packaging and printed matter your company puts on the market in Québec. The guide provides concrete examples and information on possible outlets for the materials, as well as ecodesign tips.
There are 30 classes of materials in which you can classify the various components of the containers, packaging and printed matter (CP&PM) you put on the market in Québec and that are to be reported. Sounds like a hassle? It’s actually quite simple!