Producers are members of the Designated Management Organization (DMO), who manages this responsibility on their behalf through value chain partner agreements to make the system work.
Éco Entreprises Québec submitted is designated DMO since October 24, 2022!
Producers: at the heart of the system to recycle 100% of materials collected in Quebec
Let’s transition to an integrated vision of recovery and recycling! Through extended producer responsibility (EPR), producers are at the heart of the curbside recycling system and have full responsibility on the containers, packaging and printed matter they put on the market, from design to recycling.
Producers will be given full control over the system and its management
Who are the Producers?
Any company or organization marketing containers, packaging and printed matter in Quebec, and including transactional websites based outside Quebec but serving the province.
Producers individuals obligations
Producers must be :
- Be a member of the PRO;
- Report containers, packaging and printed matter put on the market in order to allow ecodesign;
- Pay contributions required to finance the system;
- Provide any and all documents and information requested by the PRO to enable it to fulfill responsibilities and regulatory requirements.
While find the necessary means to:
- Use eco-designed materials
- Choose materials that favour recyclabilit
- Integrate recycled content in their materials
Producers who market containers not under deposit, packaging and printed matter are responsible for overseeing and supporting the manageent of their materials in Quebec.
Collective obligations managed by ÉEQ
- Develop, implement and financially support a single modernized system for curbside recycling, in collaboration with other producers.
- Entrust most of their responsibilities to a producer responsibility organization (PRO) designated by RECYC-QUÉBEC to represent them and act on their behalf. Éco Entreprises Québec (ÉEQ) has been designated by RECYC-QUÉBEC.
Under the DMO leadership, producers will need to:
- Ensure the recovery and recycling of their materials
- Reach the recovery, recycling and local recycling objectives under the regulation
- Produce accountability reports using uantity and quality indicators
- Ensure a complete traceability of materials
- Foster local market development with a view to build a circular economy
Transition from the compensation plan to EPR: changes that carry over into the relationship between ÉEQ and you
Next steps and producers’ implication
- Become ÉEQ Members
- Read through the short contract, general terms and conditions and related policies
From the 2023 Tariff publication
- Fill out the membership form online*
- From 2023 Tariff publication
- Join the DMO into your declaration
- Report materials marketed in the 2022 calendar year on your 2023 declaration
- Pay the Tariff 2023 contribution and the special producers financial contribution (payable in January 2024)
* Adhere to the DMO with the Tariff 2023 declaration or contact Business Services to obtain the form, only available upon request.
Why the need for a contract?
Formalization of our responsibilities and commitments
ÉEQ’s board of directors has approved orientations regarding mutual commitments, as well as the preferred contractual structure. The value proposition and commitments form the basis of our contractual relationship, which will also be supported by policies.
EQ commits to the following:
- To manage all materials in the system or, failing which, to guide its members in order to eco-design those materials (“No material left behind”);
- Provide its members with guidance in the interest of continuous improvement through transparency and access to information: all results of individual guidance approaches or pilot projects are communicated to help ÉEQ members further their process;
- Deploye the necessary efforts to bring its raison d’être and the transition to the circular economy alive, in particular through ecomodulation;
- A desire to optimize our operations through partnerships with other EPR organizations. Increased collaboration in international initiatives.
Members’ commitments towards ÉEQ:
- Comply with the contract, ÉEQ’s general bylaws, general conditions and policies;
- En plus des obligations individuelles prévues au règlement :
- File their report via ÉEQ’s portal according to the conditions and deadlines set forth in the Policy;
- At all times, provide and maintain accurate and complete information regarding its member profile on the ÉEQ portal and at the time of reporting;
- Pay applicable contributions and taxes to finance the system according to Policy provisions of the Contributions policy;
- Support ÉEQ in its efforts to aim for proactive continuous improvement of practices to promote eco-design, recyclability, circular economy and maximize environmental benefits.